Sunday, May 30, 2010

All righty then. I have news. I saw Dr. Peter Jheng, the oncologist, last week. I like him and sense that he is very capable and caring. Sally told me that her friend Peggy's husband saw him for his cancer treatment and they were very pleased. Shirley Harless said the her husband also saw him and he was trying some treatments that seemed to be helping but it was too little too late. She was positive about him. He examined me, felt that all in all I will do well. The cancer is definitely a stage 1, very tiny and very treatable. He drew a picture and honestly the tumor is smaller than this -o- He says unless they find lymph nodes involved the treatment will be removal and after the wound heals 6 weeks of daily radiation treatment. Then I will take a daily pill of tamoxofin for 5 years. It is a preventative drug.

I was supposed to see the surgeon the next day but they called from her office and rescheduled because she had to do an emergency surgery. I will see her on Tuesday, June 1.

Sally and I went to the casino instead which would have been a lot more fun if I hadn't lost $$ grrrrr :(

Dr. Jheng told me that there is a shuttle that drives from the cancer center so at least I won't have to drive myself or ask people to drive me. I couldn't find anything about the shuttle on the United General web site so I called Cindy and she says that she believes there is one that volunteers drive. I had an even better idea though, and that is staying with Cindy for the duration or much of it. The idea of spending 2 to 3 hours on the road every day is such an awful idea. I might need to do that part of the time but Cindy lives about 3 miles from the cancer center. It just makes more sense to me. Best of all, Cindy loves the idea. I actually think it would be fun :D

No comments:

Post a Comment